Does anyone know though?
I’ve been thinking about life. What it takes to “make it,” what “making it” really is. Is it having money, a family, someone you love by your side, or the ultimate, happiness (which is also hard to define by the way.)
I have come up with a few ideas for myself though. So here’s what will make me say “I made it” in life 😊
- When I have at least 5 Victoria Beckham pieces in my wardrobe. I love her fashion but I’m not ready to spend that much on getting any pieces yet.
- When I can influence decisions that a government makes. Not that I want to be a politician but I love quiet power. It appeals to me. What I lack in being able to collect masses, I will make up for by pulling strings. My aim is not to be known, it is to control. And no, I’m not a tyrant or dictator like my brothers claim. I’m a nice person that can’t stand nonsense.
- The day I will be able to get up at will and go wherever I want to go. Travelling is one of those things I love with all my heart but there’s so much I have to consider before I go anywhere. So the day I don’t have to worry much about that, I would have made it. Let’s hope it’s possible before I get to retirement age. Don’t want old age travel. I want to have settled on a favourite place by then.
- Once in a while, when I get tired of working, marrying a rich man makes it to the list. Don’t frown at me, we all wish for things “we shouldn’t be wishing for.” Don’t tell me you’ve never done it on your worst day. No? I’m sure you’re lying 🙄
- Knowing my children are set up for life. They don’t have to know about it, but I want to write a will which has all bases covered. Where I am sure my children will have a smooth life after I’m gone. Of course I cannot really guarantee that it will happen but I want to have done all I can in my power to see that it happens. The rest is up to them. Yes, I’ve thought about when I will die countless times. It’s inevitable, we’re mortal.
Those are just a few of the things I have made my mind up on so far. The rest change with the times. Of course even the ones here can be edited. Nothing is set in stone. I have learnt that the hard way. I have to be flexible.