As I take myself through this life, there’s certain types of people I want to be like. I’m not saying this in jest by the way. I truly want to be like them, because they inspire me in one way or another:
- The “I can drink at 11am of any day even when I’m not on holiday” person: I saw these ones at the Chelsea Flower Show. We started serving alcohol at 11am everyday (as bound by alcohol regulations in the UK) and every day, without fail, there was a queue waiting to be served. Counting down, watching us closely and patiently (sometimes), waiting to spend their money on the Devil’s Juice. It was quite interesting to watch them exercise their freedom to start drinking at that time. I want that life for myself. And not that I will drink at that time either. I want to have the freedom to drink if I wanted to without reperccusion.
- The “I can spend my money on any product I want even when it’s hiked for a 300% profit and not get into debt” person: Again, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a dickhead that would get extorted for my money and say nothing about it. I probably am everyday considering the cheap manufacturing processes of so many things but I’m used to that. My problem is with the things I can certainly find for a much cheaper price elsewhere but still buy without feeling cheated. I grew up being taught to get value for my money and to be honest if I was to get myself something at a price I find really steep, I would have to get the value out of it. For example if I bought a pair of Louboutins now, I would wear them everywhere (to the bathroom too.) Actually, they would have to be waterproof and also enable me to fly a bit like Superman at least! That’s satisfaction enough for the price. A month’s rent cannot go that easily.
- The “I can comfortably say ‘Keep the change’ and not bitch about it” person: Let’s just say I’m not there yet. Not that I’m stingy, but I need my coin. I still call my pay wages, and I’m living from hand to mouth. I don’t carry cash on me because I want to minimise the chances of me losing money. Think I’m lying? I dropped a £5 note last year and I still think about it once in a while. Yes, it hurt! I know how happy the phrase keep the change makes me, so when I tell you I want to be that person that tips freely, know that it’s coming from my heart. I want to make people smile too.
- The “I can go wherever I want without much restriction” person: This is my dream! I’ve always said to everyone that knows me, “When I get to travel to escape UK’s shitty weather whenever I want, then I will say I’ve ultimately made it!” I still have a few years to go. I’m working on it. I am not even looking to travel to as many countries as I can. That’s not my goal. All I need is a country to escape to for the winter, and sometimes in July because the sun without the breeze doesn’t work for me (I grew up in a tropical country, allow me.) I want to be able to wake up and say I’m going somewhere and go. I want to have a place I can escape to whenever I’m overwhelmed, where few people know me and can seek me out.
- The “quiet power” person: This is not new. I love quiet power. I’m drawn to it. I don’t like being in the limelight. Most of my wardrobe is made up of dark colours and earthy tones. Colours that let me blend effortlessly. I don’t force it, it’s just me. I love quiet power. It fascinates me.
Basically, that is it. Those are the different types of people I want to be. It could all be at once or it could come at different times, but I want it all! I really do!